Saturday, June 4, 2011

MAC - pigment swatches / review

So, a few posts ago, I mentioned that I had stopped at the CCO (cosmetics company outlet) and that I picked up two pigments.  They are the newer style jars, and I got them for $13.50 each.  The colors I picked up were Brash and Bold and Push the Edge.  They came out with MAC's Makeup Art Cosmetics collection in 2009.

Brash and Bold (L) / Push the Edge (R)



These are extremely bright pigments, especially Brash and Bold.  Here is another shot...



Brash and Bold is a reddened Fuchsia with a pearlescent sheen.  It was super easy to work with.  I like this as a bold lid color with a winged black liner and tons of mascara.

Push the Edge I found I had to work a bit with.  It is slightly chalky, but once you get the hang of it, works well on its own, and plays well with others.  I have found this excellent to smoke out looks with.

 
Swatches above over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, swatches below over TFSI






I found both of these pigments a joy to work with.  Brash and Bold did not stain my eyelids, as I even tried this without primer.  The wear of these is nice as well.  I find that I can use BnB wet well, but have not had success with using Push the Edge wet.  I also did not find that they stained any of the brushes I used with them.  A bargain at $13.50 each.  Am very happy I now have these in my arsenal!

(please note, my camera is not the best around, it is what I have around at the moment.  I apologize for not having more higher quality swatches.  For any high quality MAC swatches, I suggest www.temptalia.com)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment