- Pink Sparklz- New Trend: Matching your lips to your nails! VS Glossy Lip Tint -Boudoir Pink Swatch
- Miss Merli In NYC- Featuring Brooklyn Designer Sam Branman and his mesh creations
- Tolmu Rull Tells All- What to pack into your beauty bag for travelling? See, what frequent flyer Tolmu Rull packs!
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom- Blurple is the perfect shade for summer, and Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom picks Cult Nails Tied Up as the best.
- I Like My Polish Black Just Like My Metal- Penguins, nail polish, and bright pink! Oh my! Find out what all these three things have in common and how good they all look together.
- Cosmetics Aficionado- See the Soho Beauty brushes popping up but not sure if you should buy? Check out my review of their Professional Crease Brush.
- Holographic Hussy- Dollish Polish stunning Expecto Patronum in all its glory...
- My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog- Laura from My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog share her Tart Deco Dots on Manic(ure) Monday!
- Emily Hudspeth, Bringing the Beauty to You!- Trying out a new monthly beauty sample service. Emily shares her first month of Sample Society by the Beauty Bar.
- Ishah x Beauty- How to DIY Ombre Hair at Home? Ishah x Beauty has you covered.
- Beauty By Miss L- Miss L did a simple, but eye-catching mani with dots.
- Sincerely Stephanie- Loving the colour blocking trend, but looking for a new take on it? Sincerely Stephanie shows you how to get the look dottified.
- myCosmeticBag- Love black nail polish and gradient manicures? Sink your teeth into Anisha's 'Berry Vampiric' nail look.
- Phyrra- Phyrra is a Superstar with the new Fyrinnae collection!
- Beauty Apocalypse- Want a sophisticated eye? Beauty Apocalypse gives a review of Stila's "Ladies Who Lunch" collection.
- Mani Curiously- Loving the NARS Thakoon Collection? Be sure to check out E's matte take on this stunning cyan blue polish!
- DeyiMizu- Read about the fabulous all-in-one African Shea Butter!
- Shades Of Beauty, Inc.- REVIEW: China Glaze Neons...Shimmer Highlights
- Beauty Product Review- Read all about the Jouer samples that I just can't stop raving about
- Midnight Manicures- Dazzle Dry, Vegan and Big 5-Free. Performs like a Gel, removes like a Polish.
- Thepassengerelement- 100th beauty blog post ft Tarina Tarantino's Victorian Punk eyeshadow
- Cosmetically Challenged- Which Glitter Hue is right for you? Cosmetically Challenged puts 5 brands head to head in the battle of the Purple and Blue Glitter Nail Polishes.
- Nails Beautiqued- Summertime fun with Jessica Cosmetics "Gelato Maio" nailpolish collection lots of mouthwatering pastels
- The Lacquerologist- Contrasting colors and finishes come together in this beautiful polka dot manicure from the Abstract Nail Art Challenge!
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Welcome to my 100th blog post!!!
I just want to thank everyone who reads this blog. I go day in, day out, thinking that no one notices my little corner of the internet. It has taken quite a bit of time to get here. Some days it was easier than others to produce a post, others I was churning them out like butter! I may not be the wittiest, prettiest, richest or have the best photos in the world, but this is my passion...always has been, always will be. My dream is to continue to do this for as long as I can. Thank you once again.
Now, on the the pretties!!!
I present to you Tarina Tarantino's Eye Dream Hypershadow in Victorian Punk!
|TT hypershadow - packaging|
Can we just pause for a second and say "holy ****, what cute packaging!" for a second? Shown here is Tarina Tarantino's Eye Dream Hypershadow in Victorian Punk. I had purchased this shadow at Sephora when they were still carrying this particular line of shadows. Yes, unfortunately this is discontinued, but still deserves its just due. The shadow itself is 2.5g, a decent little shadow that comes in a plastic, click, clam shell compact. The plastic itself is very much like the shadow, shimmery awesomeness. The compact is mirrored and closes tightly.
|TT Victorian Punk - open shot - direct sunlight|
Yes. I know, I am drooling too. Just looking inside gets me to want to do loop-de-loops. The formulation of these shadows is to die for. They are soft, easily blendable, but because of the level of shimmer, have a minute amount of fallout. This is a mid-range purple heavy with gold, microfine shimmer. Alone or over bases, this looks amazing, and plays well. I have yet to use this dry (what is my problem? :p)
|TT Victorian Punk swatch - direct sunlight|
My favorite aspect of this lovely shadow is that it layers very well. Now, I like to layer this A LOT! Using this shadow for a wash does not work for me, but your mileage may vary. Though the amount of shimmer may look intimidating, its micro-fine texture makes this one very wearable shadow. I have worn this in looks to work even! For dupes, I have seen that some say Revlon's Violet Starlet is close. But from what I have seen, Victorian Punk is much more deep and rich in color.
This shadow caused me to look deeper into Tarina Tarantino's line which is actually very nice. I have since purchased a few items that you can still find now. I am looking forward to blogging about those in the future!
If anyone knows of any dupes for this shadow, please let me know :)
Once again, thank you for helping get to 100 posts and here is to the next 100! Cheers!