Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bobbi Brown Downtown Palette

Hey there! 

I am really into ordering off of QVC.  It is so addicting.  On one such occasion, I had purchased the Bobbi Brown 6 piece downtown collection.  In this collection, was the downtown palette.

Bobbi Brown Downtown Palette
This neutral palette contains 5 shadows ranging from shimmery to matte.  It also comes with a double ended brush, one end is a fluffy/blending side, the other is synthetic and looks like a concealer brush.  The shadows from left to right are:
Ivory - off white, matte
Heather Lilac - metallic, very sheer, very subtle lilac
Bronze - shimmer wash, nice soft bronze with a gold like sheen
Heather - matte, purple taupe
Black Plum - shimmer wash, darkened purple with gold shimmers

Downtown Palette colors
Ivory takes a while to build up.  It is soft and has a bit of fallout
Heather Lilac takes the longest to build up.  Surface of this shadow is odd, as if I had used this wet when I never have.  You get more shimmer than actual color with this one.
Bronze is soft and easy to work with.  Shimmery without being overload, I like this to smoke out dark bases.
Heather is a smokey, purplish taupe that is flat matte.  I find this to be a great crease color without trying too hard.  I also like it for outer V application. 
Black Plum is pigmented, but needs a bit of work to blend.  The shimmer stayed within the shadow, which was nice.  Use a really good base with this...I have found this to skip on some bases.

Swatches over Stila Prime Pot in Taffy
All in all, I like this palette.  I find it hard to find a palette that I like everything it has to offer.  This is one of my to go to's in the fall/winter, or for office looks.  If you would like to see this palette and the other products that came in the kit, please visit qvc.com and enter "bobbi brown" in the search.  This retails on the site for $102.00 USD. 


I hope everyone had a great weekend and wonderful Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment