As I am becoming more active about my skincare routine, I researched and fell hard for Korean beauty. Yup, officially obsessed with kbeauty now, and though I am still a newb, I have found some products I already love and some that I am super excited to try. One of those products is a tried and true BB Cream. A BB Cream, or blemish balm, is a workhorse, kind of does it all products. It does everything from color correction, wrinkle care, brightens, whitens, sun care, pore care, oil control...the list goes on and on. Here in the states, many "bb creams" are released, but none come close to asian bb creams.
Thanks to 08liter.com I had the chance to try a lovely bb by the name of dear Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream SPF 40, PA+++.
|Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream|
+Plastic Tube with screw top
+Contains 40ml of cream product
+Retails anywhere from $18 - 22 USD. Can be found at known outlets like Amazon, wishtrend, etc.
+Contains SPF 40, PA+++
+Claims - to whiten, provides wrinkle care and sebum control
Let's just get this out of the way first....western BB creams have NOTHING on its Asian counterparts. What we get here are nothing more than glorified tinted moisturizers. From high end to drug store, I have yet to find one that promises or delivers like I heard eastern BB creams can.
Since this experience was my first with what I deemed a legit BB cream, I had no idea what to expect. Unfortunately, a few weeks before I received this, I had gotten a tan from helping a friend move. And boy did I tan. Let's just say if you know you are going to be outdoors moving with no sun cover, don't buy new foundations just days before :/.
Here we have Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream, one heavy swatch and one blended. This was taken with no flash, under kitchen/day lights.
Here is the BB cream taken with flash photography under the same kitchen/day lights.
* Scent - a light, pleasant combo of makeup and skincare, fades a few minutes after application. I think even those that do not like scented products would not mind this.
* Texture - lightweight in texture, but with enough body to spread evenly. Once blended, skin feels tacky for a few minutes.
* Application - melts nicely into the skin. Even when applied in 2 or 3 layers (for discoloration), it layered nicely over itself and over my current concealer. Once on, product remains tacky for a few moments. Does dry down to a skin feel, but dewy appearance.
* Wear - This wore lovely on the skin, no primer, but I did set with a powder. 6 hours had lapsed before I noticed any immediate need to blot/reapply powder. Skin feels soft throughout the day. I did notice that this wore rather thickly in my hairline and stuck around that way for a while. Brush application there seemed best for avoiding that.
* Color - As far as I know, this only comes in one shade. Had I been the color I usually am around winter, this would have been a good match. I did notice a heavy white cast, due to the sun protection, and also on the face, this made me look a bit grey. It was nothing a bit of correcting with powder couldn't fix.