Monday, May 26, 2014

L'Oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Shadow in 812 Smooth Latte

*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog. I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review*

A good nude or skin tone eyeshadow goes a long way in giving a nice even wash of color to the lid and transitioning from one color to the next.  I found a workhorse of a shadow in L'Oreal's Wear Infinite Studio Secrets shadow in Smooth Latte 812.  (whew...that was a mouthful!)

L'Oreal Wear Infinite shadow - Smooth Latte
L'Oreal Wear Infinite packaging 
L'Oreal's Wear Infinite shadow in Smooth Latte was purchased at my local meijer for around $4.50 USD.  The shadow comes in a plastic clamshell case which contains 0.1oz/2.8g of product.  Within the compact, you will find a sponge tip applicator.

I do find it a bit strange that on the back of the packaging, this states "for brown eyes" as I think this is a color anyone and everyone could wear.  The instructions on the back also state that this can be used as an allover wash of color or for contouring, and yes, this shadow is perfect for all of that.  Those that are very fair/porcelain may even be able to use it as a facial contour.

L'Oreal Smooth Latte shadow
Smooth latte is versatile and I have tried to find dupes of it in what I have...namely Maybelline's Earthly Taupe and Urban Decay's Naked Basics Naked 2, but neither of them come close.  This is the perfect light, nutty brown that is completely matte.  On  my latina skin, this does show up, but bare in mind, I do have to lay down a few swipes before I get a nice thick color.  Maybe an a porcelain/fair skintone might you get this to show up as a good crease shade.  For everyone else,  Smooth Latte will show nicely as a subtle wash/transition.   The shadow pot itself was silky until a few weeks ago when it started to develop a sheen...some shadows do this because of oil transfer from brushes/fingers, others because of the formula.  I am hoping it is not something all of these shadows do as I really love this color.

L'Oreal Smooth Latte swatches - direct sunlight
At a price point that begs take me home, Smooth Latte should be in your makeup arsenal.  A simple, subtle shadow that works best with others, but can shine on its own as well.


*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review*

No comments:

Post a Comment