Monday, November 14, 2011

Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin - Review





This review is for the new line Burt's Bees came out with for their Natural Skin Solutions line for sensitive skinned ladies and gentlemen.  I have with me the Sensitive Facial Cleanser and Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream.  These were provided to me through BZZAGENT.  To learn about bzzagent or to become one, please visit www.bzzagent.com.

Cleanser/Daily Lotion

Cleanser - I have combination skin.  I wanted to try something more steered towards sensitive skin people as my skin likes to act up during the winter months.  This cleanser is a non-sudsing, non-foaming, cream cleanser that contains Cotton Extract to prevent dryness.  This is one THICK cleanser.  There is really nothing positive for me to say about this.  It is very thick and you get a film after you rinse it off.  I found that using my Clarisonic afterwards helped in getting rid of that film.  I also felt that it did not get my skin clean.  I just did not get that fresh faced feeling at all.  This may work for sensitive skinned guys and gals, but since I don't, it just did not work for me.

Lotion - The daily moisturizing cream was very pleasant!  Another thick cream, but it feels very nice and emollient.  I now see that this will be a god send during the cold, dry weather months.  I love how it glides over the skin and has no fragrance detectable to me.  The delivery system is one of my favorites for lotions.  It comes in a pump system that is very clean and hygienic.  My nose and forehead can get a bit oily, but even with that, the lotion did not add to any greasiness.  Very moisturizing and loved the way it soaked into my skin.

I would not pay $10.00 USD to purchase the cleanser, though I would for the $15.00 USD ticket attached to the lotion.  I would advise looking for a coupon if the prices seem a little steep.  I have had no trouble finding this at Walgreens, Walmart, Target, Meijer, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review! I am always pretty hesitant to try new facial cleansers but it looks like I won't be purchasing this one. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dani - YW! :) I would really love to get a sensitive skinned gals opinion on this stuff!

    ReplyDelete