Thursday, November 17, 2011

Revlon Crushed Velvet - Push Up Plum (swatch) DISC

There is nothing like the perfect red, wine, brown, burgundy lip to put you in the fall/winter mood!  No trouble with that here since it has been cold and we have already had a bit of snow.  I present to you Revlon Crush Velvet lipstick in Push Up Plum!






This is a creamy, beautiful plummy red color that has been over-sprayed with the most beautiful shimmer.  The shimmer does not run throughout the lip color...which was not good when I first swatched it as I was hoping to get a silvery red color out of this.  But the more and more I used this, the more I loved it!  The formulation is very smooth and creamy.  I do not find this lipstick to be too drying.  I think this collection came out a few years ago...along with a glittery eye shadow,  liquid lip/cheek stain, etc.  This was the only color of the lipsticks that I picked up.


I find this to be a great year round color as I am a huge fan of all shades of red for any time of year.  This is especially striking with a pale wash over the eye, very thin liner, tons of lashes/mascara, and a defined cheek.  With a color this bold, I like to keep the eyes and cheeks very innocent, and vamp up the mouth as much as I can.

This lipstick is no longer available in stores.  You may find it online or stores like Big Lots or Dollar Tree now.

What are your favorite fall/winter lip looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment