Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Stained gloss in Rhythm Box - swatch

*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog. I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review*

OCC Lip Tar Stained Gloss in Rhythm Box
When it comes to Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars...I am a bit late on joining the bandwagon.  After checking out tons of pictures, blogs, reviews, videos...though pretty, I thought I would never purchase one.  I am loyal to my matte lipsticks and do not see a need for green or blue lip products in my personal makeup bag.  But they kept calling my name.  Here today is my latest acquisition...OCC Lip Tar Stained Gloss in Rhythm Box.

OCC's Lip Tar Stained Gloss in Rhythm Box was purchased at my local Sephora for $18.00 USD.  Rhythm Box is part of the Stained Gloss grouping of lip tars, which also includes a matte group and metallic group.  Contained inside the zippered slide pouch, you receive a squeeze tube of stained gloss that has 0.33oz of thick, liquid product.  You also get a small lip brush.  As with all of OCCs lip products, they are all 100% Vegan and Gluten-Free.

OCC Rhythm Box - pkg details
Stained Glass is the perfect way of describing these Stained Glosses.  Though full of pigment, they produce a lovely, sheer coating of color, that can be built up.  Do not expect full opacity with this product.  The texture of the Stained Glosses is that of a slightly sticky (only upon application) gloss, that "dries" down to a semi glossy effect.  Once the gloss has faded, you are left with a beautiful stain.  OCC Stained Glosses have a very subtle tinge of peppermint smell that fades to nothing, so if you are sensitive to scents, you may want to spot try this first.

OCC Stained Gloss in Rhythm Box - indirect sunlight/no flash
Rhythm Box is a translucent burgundy color.  In the swatch above, it is reading a bit more red than it is in real time.  When layered, this has an almost balanced mix of burgundy and intense fuchsia.  When faded or lightly applied, it sheers to a fuchsia/magenta shade that can be vivid, depending on how much you layered.  The gloss faded after a few hours, with normal activity (talking, eating, drinking), but the stain lasted for about 4 hours after that.  I did feel the need to use a lip balm after the gloss had worn away as it was a bit drying, but did not cause me to have any flakiness afterwards.

If you are looking to venture into OCC lip tar territory and want to put your feet in slowly, but awesomely at the same time?...Then the Stained Gloss Lip Tars are for you!



*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review* 

No comments:

Post a Comment