Thursday, June 5, 2014

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream - review

*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review*


Olay Fresh Effect BB Cream
When it comes to BB creams, my knowledge is quite limited.  I do not have access to Asian skincare or makeup near me and do not know enough about it online to make a purchase.  And, as a latina, I have seen some of the shade ranges they come in...doesn't look like any, if at all, would suit me.  But I can't keep away from new products, and I had heard so much from this line and decided to take a bite.

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream was purchased at my local Big Lots for $4.00 USD.  You can find these at most mass retailers and even Ulta.  Inside of the plastic tube, you get 2.5 fl.oz/75ml worth of creamy product.  This usually does retail a bit higher than what I found it, so be aware of that if you are on the lookout.
Olay Fresh Effects - Ingredients
Upon initial use, Fresh Effects BB Cream is heavily scented...all of my sensitive skinned or sensitive nosed people may want to opt out.  The cream was very lightweight and melted into my skin.  What I found surprising was how mattifying this was upon application.  Surprising as usually cream/lotions make me slightly shiny/dewy.
Olay Fresh Effects in Light/Medium - Flash
Fresh Effects in Light/Medium - no flash, overcast
Unfortunately, this did nothing for me.  I had no coverage of any kind.  While did make my skin soft, I saw no evening out of tone or skin perfecting qualities.  Perhaps someone with a much lighter skin color than I could wear this and actually benefit from coverage, color, but this was not a win for me.  What I have liked this for is as a mixer for other moisturizers, concealers and foundations.  I have found that this plays rather nicely with other products I normally did not get much use out of due to formulas and such.  I still can't completely get down with the scent as it lingers....for a while.

If you have nice skin and a lighter skin color...this may be the light summer moisturizer you are looking for.  If you are darker than light medium, I would look elsewhere.

Thanks! :)


3 comments:

  1. Glad to know this didn't work, I will skip it! At least you got a good deal on it, sometimes you can find great things at Big Lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can help you save a buck or two, then I have done my job! :) And you are so right! Big Lots does have awesome stuff...

      Delete