Monday, February 16, 2015

One Shadow Look ft. CoverGirl's Indigo Impact shadow

*DISCLAIMER: Product shown purchased by the passenger element blog.  I am not affiliated with this company.  All opinions are my own*

CoverGirl's Indigo Impact - no flash
Today I present a series I will call One Shadow Look.  There are days where I really have no time and I just throw what I can, plus a few staples in and try to look presentable.  And there are times where I really want to look great, but don't want to use a ton of products. Here we have a shadow that I love to use for one shadow looks quite a bit, especially for a bold night out!

Covergirl's Indigo Impact - flash
For this particular one shadow look, I used Covergirl's Indigo Impact, which is one of their Eye Enhancer single shadows.  This is unfortunately not sold in stores anymore, but you can still find them on ebay.

Indigo Impact is a super pigmented, shimmery, very creamy shadow that closely looks like Mac's Belle Azure, but darker.  Indigo Impact's texture was unusual...very creamy, and after use number 1, developed a film on top that didn't hinder performance, but did make getting product off the pan a bit of a nuisance.

Covergirl Indigo Impact - no flash
This was applied over a white base.  I used a brush to pat on the color, and then diffuse it into the crease.  Face powder was used to diffuse it even more onto the browbone for a faded effect.  The lid was made more intense with more product being applied with my finger in a patting motion.

Covergirl's Indigo Impact - flash
With flash, you pick up on the amazing shimmer this shadow has.  With the right lighting, the color comes off more light at the ball of the eye and darker in the corner and crease.

I am looking forward to finding another dupe for this...this really is my favorite blue!

Any suggestions?

xoxo, D

No comments:

Post a Comment