Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wet n Wild ColorIcon trio in Three's A Party (LE-Summer)

*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review*

WetnWild Three's A Party Trio - partial sunlight / no flash
I went through quite a wild goose chase for this one.  Here I have Wet n Wild's summer, limited edition trio in Three's a Party.  I found this at Walgreen's for $2.99 USD.  Inside the plastic clam-shell case, you get three shadows for a total of 0.12oz/3.5g of product.  These were available at Rite-Aid, Walgreens, etc.

Wet n Wild Three's a Party Ingredients
WnW Three's a Party - open, partial sunlight / flash
Three's a Party consists of three matte shadows.  The "browbone" color is a stark cool white.  I usually am not a fan of white shadows as they tend to be chalky, but this white is smooth and slightly creamy, which makes application easy.   The color marked "crease"  has a slight overlay of super tiny glitters, but as you continue to use the shadow it goes away.  These glitters do not show up in the color at all during application. The crease color is a nice basic cherry red.  The color marked "eyelid" is a flat, matte black.  I found that this was the creamiest of all of the shadows.  Though creamy, it is not as opaque as I would have hoped,  but with a few swipes, was able to achieve a much richer application of the black.

WnW Three's a Party swatch - partial sunlight / no flash
 These swatches were all done without a base and only 2 swipes per shadow.  Now, there may be some of you that may not like that they are not super pigmented right off the pan, but with the right base these colors JUMP!  Once set on a primer,  I found these to stay vibrant and did not crease, although your mileage may vary with the primer you use.  With these being matte, I was surprised at how easily these blended together.  Not only did I purchase this one, I got my hands on three of the other trios that will be reviewed on the blog.  I am very happy with this purchase.  It is nice to see this kind of quality from a drugstore brand.

WnW Three's a Party swatch - partial sunlight / no flash
These trios are all limited edition, but there are times when they get rereleased under different names and collections so you may be able to find them at a later time :).  Keep a watch out for Wet n Wild as they release limited edition trios and palettes consistently and they always go so fast!

*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review*


2 comments:

  1. They are so pretty :)
    I just picked up a few items from W&W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wnw eyeshadows! I haven't been able to find the latest releases anywhere by me. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete