Thursday, May 2, 2013

Makeup Forever Aqua Cream #15 + #2 Swatches/Review

I live and die for anything that is long wearing.  Especially in the warmer months.  Makeup melt is something I despise!

For this exact reason I bring you Makeup Forever's Aqua Creams in #2 and #15...

MUFE Aqua Cream #15 + #2
Aqua Creams are a highly pigmented, long lasting cream shadow.  The amount of product you get is 0.21oz/6g.  The cream comes in a plastic, screw top packaging.  The colors above are #2 and #15.

MUFE Aqua Creams #15 , #2
What you get inside of these circular tubs of awesome is a cream shadow that is basically bullet proof, unless you are under pretty intense conditions.  These have a play time of around 30 seconds before they start to dry and become harder to blend.  They dry down nicely and DO NOT MOVE.  I have normal eye lids, after the 6th hour mark, they get a bit oily and my shadow will start to break down.  Under normal circumstances, these have never creased, faded, moved.  It was not until I wore them last summer during an outing where it was 100 degrees in the sun, that I noticed that they started to fade and crease.

Because they are very long wearing, removal can be a bit more work.  I use an oil based cleanser (theBalm's Balmsaway) to remove this, and then wash my face normally.  If not, I do find that I would tug to get it off.  The creams are long lasting, and that may equal dry lids to some of us, but in my experience, I did not get dry lids, flaking, any changes to the skin in the eye area.

MUFE Aqua Creams #15, #2 direct sunlight
Left swatch - #15:

This is described as a shimmery taupe, but I find this to wear more bronze on me and it even looks like that in the tub.  I would personally describe this as a perfect mix between a golden brown and bronze.  Texturally, smooth and easy to blend.  This does shimmer but it is not overtly so.

Right swatch - #2

This is described as a silver, grey shimmer, but to me, especially in real life, this seems more taupey than anything.  The texture is smooth, and it feels a bit more translucent than #15.  I find that with #2, I usually go over it twice to get a good, solid base of color.  Not over the top shimmery, this is a grey that has a lot of brown to it.  It is a complex color that I think will take on different properties on different skin tones.

You can find these Sephora, MUFE online, and other retailers.  They usually retail for around $23.00 USD.

Thank you! :)

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love that they are appropriate year round, but look super lovely spring/summer :)

      Delete
  2. #15 looks great. I love browns and cream shadows I so need to get this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do and would love to hear what you have to say! :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility
    issues. When I look at your website in Opera,
    it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, terrific blog!


    Feel free to surf to my page Veluminous Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback. Will look into it.

      Delete
  4. #15 is gorgeous! I agree that it's more bronzed than taupe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad Im not crazy then...yeah, it really does have a super bronzey edge, lovely nonetheless.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete