Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color in Back to the Fuchsia (923A) / I can bare It (932A) - swatches

*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review*

Most times, I do my homework on the items I want to purchase next.  It is rare for me to just pick up an item out of the blue...this is one of those times where I should have done my homework.

Wet n Wild Megalast Back to the Fuchsia 923A
Wet n Wild Megalast I can Bare It 932A
The Megalast Liquid Lip Colors were purchased at my local Rite-Aid for around $2.99 USD each.  Inside the tube is a two sided, flat applicator that does a decent job at spreading the product around.  In total, you get 0.23fl.oz/6.6ml of liquid lip cream.

WnW - top (i can bare it) bottom (back to the fuchsia)
Now let us get straight to the point.  The colors before I tried them are gorgeous...I mean a beautiful nude and vibrant fuchsia...I mean, do you need anything else in life?  I was so attracted to the "liquid lip color" aspect of these, as I have tried liquid lipsticks before and have been a huge fan.  These slipped on like a thick gloss, spread nicely and set.  Unfortunately, that is where the nightmare started.  The color I Can Bare It turned into a brown with yellow undertones that were not kind to my teeth.  In the tube, I Can Bare It had a microglimmer that was beautiful, but on the skin, looked more matte.  Back To The Fuchsia is an extremely vibrant, almost neon fuchsia that looks like a cream in the tube, and is definitely a cream on the lips.

Both formulas blended the same, had the same amount of glide before dry down.  I have tried both of these liquid lip colors in two ways: full on brushing of the cream onto the lips, and also using them as a "stain" with a very tiny amount blended with my finger.  When I used this full on, this is the most opaque liquid color ever on the lips!  It is as if you are brushing liquid patent leather onto your lips!!!!! Once this method as "set" the thick feeling does not disappear.  It accentuated the lines on my lips and stayed "locked" into this look.  Also, once set, I could not rub my lips together without a strong tugging.  It is a dry feeling, but once rubbed, the lips become tacky and start to get patchy.

Using this as a stain, I was able to get more comfortable wear, but not by much.  This actually does nicely as a stain if you are looking for a truly long wearing lip product.  Regardless of what method I used, this was a pain to take off.  I used an oil cleanser and makeup wipe to get the job done.  These left my lips dried out, and though I take good care of my lips with regular exfoliation and moisture, this drew any moisture I had in them out.


Top Swatch  - Back to the Fuchsia (direct sunlight/flash)
Bottom Swatch - I can Bare It (direct sunlight/flash)


Top Swatch - Back to the Fuchsia (overcast/flash)
Bottom Swatch - I can Bare It (overcast/flash)

For those that like a very long lasting lip product, this may work for you.  Those with sensitive lips or that are prone to dryness might stay away.  Glad I got to try them as I am a huge fan or Wet n Wild, unfortunately...these did not work for me.

*Disclaimer - Product shown was purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company or am being paid for my review*

3 comments:

  1. I have heard pretty much this same thing from everyone that's tried these. They look so gorgeous (esp the pink!!) but are too drying! I love wet n wild, but they need a reformulation on this I think lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! And the range really does come in some very pretty colors. I hope they listen and reformulate too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Damn your hands are chubby

    ReplyDelete