Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Best Red - swatch

*Disclaimer - Product shown purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company.  All views are my own*

It is red lipstick time again!  This time from Milani Cosmetics...

Milani Color Statement Lipstick - Best Red
Specs:

Purchased at local Meijer for $5.99 USD
Gold metallic tube with click top
contains 0.14oz/3.97g of stick product


Best Red is from Milani's Color Statement lipstick line, and is one of 36 shades!  Aside from the diverse range of colors Milani offers, they also come in different finishes too.  Matte, cream, pearly shimmer, etc.  Best Red is a matte, but I want you to erase everything you know about mattes from your memory...here is why...

Milani Best Red - direct sunlight/flash
Best Red is a true red with subtle blue undertone to it.  It goes on incredibly creamy.  The lipstick has  a slightly thick formula, but never feels dry on application.  Once applied, it has shine that does linger for a bit, but dries down to the loveliest matte finish.  This does have a rather strong scent, so those with allergies/sensitivities may want to steer clear.  For me, it smells like cucumbers, and the scent does linger quite a bit.  I rather like this aspect, but buyer beware.

Milani Best Red - direct sunlight/no flash
For a matte, this negated everything I had known about mattes.  I never experienced dry lips while wearing this.  It is so richly creamy, and proceeds to stay creamy for a good 6 hours.  Though you do have a bit of shine at application time, this never affects the opacity of the product.  When worn for hours, and after normal activity (talking, drinking, eating), this wore down to a really vibrant stain.

I do wish that reapplication was a bit more pretty.  When I try to layer this hours later, I do get a bit of piling on the lips.  But that is a small price to pay for such beautiful color and quality!  Do yourself a favor and pick one of these up now.

Enjoy,

D - xo

*Disclaimer - Product shown purchased by passengerelement blog.  I am in no way affiliated with this company.  All views are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment